The bracelet was a wedding gift to Princess Elizabeth from her husband Prince Philip in 1947. Designed by the London based designer ‘Philip Antrobus’, the bracelet along with Elizabeth’s engagement ring was made from the diamonds taken from the tiara that once belonged to Philip’s mother, Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark.
The bracelet featured geometric motifs set around the three largest diamonds. The statement wide bracelet was worn by Queen regularly since 1947. The bracelet remains Queen’s favourite piece of jewel and was seen on various events paired with many other royal jewels.
In 2015, in a grand gesture, The Queen loaned the piece to her grand-daughter-in-law, Catherine, The Princess of Wales (The then Duchess of Cambridge). Catherine teamed up the look with Jenny Packham Red Gown and Lotus Flower (Papyrus) Tiara.